Friday, July 18, 2014

Treatment and a few small battles won checked off the list!



We now have a very clear picture of my disease of breast cancer and my coarse of treatment.


My MRI shows what we know tumor in right breast and lymph node.


My Pet Scan shows NO cancer in any organs (prayers answered)however  it does show a very small area beginning in breast tissue (thus places me in stage 3) triple negative. Do not let this scare you as triple negative has a great success with responding to chemo and a much smaller chance of recurring later.
We will know once I have two chemo treatments under my belt, but are confidant the tumor will begin to shrink.



I have a heart and brain scan (normal before chemo) early next week. Then we attend 101 lessons and information session on chemo before I begin.
Chemo should start next Thursday in hopes I feel better by Monday so Rob can return to work and I more energy to be a mom.


My regimen and family is my concern currently as my chemo begins next week I will be on an every two week schedule (Thursday's) through Sept 4th. Once I think I know how my body will  react then we change things up.
Keep in mind kids are back to school and Addison an additional car pool as its preschool this fall, and Jackson playing middle school football.
Life goes on and we must be parents in spite of what life throws at us~ I will live my life everyday to the fullest and enjoy every second with my kids and family.


Here's the change


Chemo starts on 9-18 with new drug's (no telling my reaction)  once a week until 12/18 with a week off for Halloween and a week off for Thanksgiving`


Mastectomy end of December or first week of January


Radiation 5 days a week until end of March


Rob and I are  great team and we are so accustomed to doing all that its very difficult to ask or except help. However this disease will take some battling and Rob cant lose his job nor the kids lives stop on my road to recovery until next March!
There are many variables and every battle won is a step to recovery and a good prognosis.
I have good days where I'm very optimistic and have low moments of fear! However each battle won no matter how I crawl or pull is a step for myself and family to a full recovery.




The silver linings today are!


I have wonderful family and neighbors that are willing to assist in helping me get well.


My PET Scan shows its not in my organs.


I have a "dream team" in an oncologist and surgeon


I have people who are keeping myself and family in there prayers.


We have the privilege of meet angels among us and health care providers that make the difference


Please pray my brain scan and heart scan are normal.
Please pray I continue to mark of more battles won every day and my responding well to chemo and the drugs given.
Please pray for my energy and health during chemo and the toll this will take on my children, Rob and family.
Please pray my BRCA gene test comes back negative.


I'm truly humbled and amazed by the prayers and good wishes!




We will be living in a hotel Monday night home on Friday as my builder is fixing the interior of my home due to the foundation failure.  Thought it was important to get the home repairs completed and of our plates!


I'm ready to start chemo next week and start KILLING this cancer!



















No comments:

Post a Comment