Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Every battle won I celebrate

I have been through two MRI 's, surgical ribbons placed under my skin,
Pet Scans, heart muga test, blood test biopsies,  4 ultrasounds, seven IV's
And countless needle sticks all in the past week!
I look like a pin cousin battered and bruised but none of this matters as it's all been good news!
Not that cancer is good at all I'm just excited it's all lining up  to watch my cancer fall!
I attend to knock it out of my body till it's non existent at all

The  Brest MRI started it all my cancers only on the right side
That's good news considering it has not spread to my left
Also great for radiation later down the line as it keeps my heart out of the way

Then there was my Pet scan a radiative dye where I couldn't hug my children for 24 hours and could only send their daddy when listening to cries
No cancer in any organs only in my breast and a few lymph nodes only

Muga test to study my heat a large gage IV that was painful is used to extract red blood cells mix with a dye then return them to my body and study my heart
All looks great

Another MRI of my brain was scanned was difficult to not feel too confined in a tube with a helmet over your head  by My husband stood and stretch so he could hold one hand and that's how I got through
Again all look great

I have a port surgically put in place Thursday under my skin
For the duration of the chemo through December
I'm told it feels like a rock under my skin

Chemo starts Friday as I'm given many drugs handfuls to take home and shots to give myself
And bags full of pills I must take through it all
I can't wait to start the chemo so I can KILL IT ALL!

This new life style is only teporary it's an incovience but
Mandatory I pray for patience as Im always busy I need to rest more so my healing will be plenty

I have shaved my head as I am proactive will not sit by and watch it all fall out
As I do not allow cancer to upset me
I'm told in my cancer learn all about me class I will be fatigue and sick
However I'm determined to be a good mother reguardles of it

My co pays and finances are bleak but I refuse to worry
As God has always kept us on our feet

I chose to be cancer free in December at the time of my mastectomy
I have half the battle won and am ready to fight cancer doesn't have a chance
Now that I have this insight

My dream team of oncologist, nurses, surgeon,
And medical personal have God guiding them and we will prevail!

Thanks to my my, friends both old and new,
Neighbors and coworkers and strangers too

You enable us to fight and win this battle too!

Our medical account if you or someone you know is able to help is

www.gofundme.com/I-will-beat-cancer





2 comments:

  1. Good Morning, Heather. My daughter, a neighbor, forwarded your blog to me. If you're at Duke, please contact the DCPSP for free counseling, support groups, wigs, turbans and anything else you can think of that you might need or want. Also when you're ready to treat yourself to something healing and rejuvenating, look up PinkRIbbonYogaRetreat.org. It takes place every August on the NC beach. Blessings and prayers.

    ReplyDelete