Thursday, July 24, 2014

My breast cancer will not get in the way!

It's only been two short weeks ago but amazes me how much I've grown
New medical terms and procedures by no means have made me weak. I take from this journey knowledge and strength I fully intend on killing this beast I hope to help others find their inner strength and a little peace

I've decided to go back to nursing in a few years once I'm fully recovered and when our youngest starts school as my mind will never forget this journey I hope to inspire others who may not be as strong that breast cancer by no means says their journey is done

I watch my children run and play and realize I choose to not let cancer get in my way! 


I met another team of angels among us today selfless and caring that got me through a difficult procedure 

I had a different port put in as it's a power infusion port. The difference is my port allows not only chemo but infusions and blood draws as well. (Have I mention it's purple)
My veins have given out  after two short weeks of tests and scans so six attempts from those kind and compassionate angels we could not start an IV, so this morning we where on to plan B
I went in to surgery sober and wide awake had lidocaine in my neck so we could insert  my port. Another battle won no matter how we arrived its all lining up and Gods on my side! 


Chemo tomorrow morning begins as I celebrate killing this monster within!!

My neck is only a little bit sore and I will heal very quickly within a week or so and my new found port is a huge relief

I will update after chemo and God bless you all I truly amazes by your kind thoughts and calls!

Please keep the prayers coming our way as we need a negative Brca test and a great response to chemo!

God bless you all and if you can help with my medical bills and prescriptions
My account link is below

Www.gofundme.com/I-will-beat-cancer

I will update tomorrow night after my 1st chemo treatment

No comments:

Post a Comment