Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Some questions are meant to be answered and some God has the answers as I trust in him~


Modern 21st century medicine is not an exact science. Do not get me wrong I appreciate the era I live in and the access to knowledge, physicians, and modern medicine. It does vary however and ultimately my husband and I are able to study the facts and make decisions as well to assist in my recovery. Just a year ago in trails was carboplatin discovered to improve TNBC (triple negative breast cancer) percentages at the time of surgery to be cancer and margin free. The goal at my mastectomy time is to take as few lymph nodes as possible so my chances for lymphedema are much lower. Lymphedema can occur anytime after surgery (years later) and is incurable, it causes swelling in the arm tissue but they do have treatments. The fewer lymph nodes  they remove is the goal.
My entire TNBC journey is a road full of stepping stones and stairs to gradually climb, as it is a marathon the I must pace myself and will inevitability win.
It is a gradual discovery of answers, knowledge, achievement of milestones, miracles, blessings every step I make along the way.

I thought that originality I had a tumor around 3.7 cm and one lymph node under my arm at biopsy time, then the pet scan showed three hot spots (very small) around my upper ribs (in my breast tissue) . I thought the hots spots where cancer. I am told by an oncologist they very well may not be. They are very difficult to biopsy and not really relative only for staging.  My stage lllc or if the hot spots did not show and where never part of my staging I would still receive the same treatment so for me its interesting but not relative. The only way to know for sure is to have a repeat pet scan in December. If the hot spots show then we know they where never cancer, and if they are gone then we know they where. The pet scan is the one that requires radio active dye and I can not be around children for 24 hours. I do not want to put that in my body again to answer a question that is not important nor does it  pertain to my recovery. I will receive another ultra sound soon to get a look as I'm excited to not see the tumor I originally saw, and to physically see what we no longer feel and to see  normal looking breast from my excellent chemo response.
I have responded so well to chemo after my second treatment the doctor can no longer feel my tumor nor lymph node. Thanks be to God! and GOOD RIDDANCE!

I am told my current chemo drugs are the most difficult to endure and with my good tolerance, lack of nausea  fatigue, and many other side effects this is par for my coarse. As my new chemo drugs in September that are administered weekly as far better tolerated so I will continue to sail through. Gods blessing, and his giving me strength and endurance to sustain normality and ability to be a mother and win my marathon.

As we receive answers to questions there is more to discover as it is a gradual process. We meet with my doctor on Friday and then with a plastic surgeon (reconstruction specialty surgeon) on Monday.
That will enable Rob and I to then sit down and make some decisions next week as to the path to sustain and God is leading us down toward my full recovery.
There are unknowns by us (God knows) that will not be answered until January (surgery time). Once my surgeon and pathologist during my mastectomy test my original under arm lymph node and we see how few need to be removed then we see a radiologist to determine how many weeks of radiation I'm given.
Once radiation is complete at some point I will then have an additional surgery to have my spacer removed, implant put in, a nipple made from my skin, and then tattooed for color. A mastectomy removes all breast tissue and nipples to ultimately achieve a life time result of  being cancer free and no recurrence. Spacers are placed behind the muscle as you have no breast to hold an implant in place. Spacers are gradually filled with saline over a period of time to stretch the muscle and make room for the implant.
I'm told the end result looks beautiful and natural. The key is to choose the best oncologist, surgeon, and reconstructive surgeon and radiologist team you can. I am very blessed in my  "dream team" God has lead me to.

I have minor hiccups as my WBC (white blood cell count was a bit low yesterday) so I was given an additional neupogen shot and it will bring my WBC count up  as it works quickly so I can have my chemo treatment Friday.
The key is after chemo to take your anti nausea medicine, rest at night, if you get that "metal tastes in your mouth" get mints or tic tac's and they are very helpful. If you get mouth sores ask your doctor for a prescription of "magic mouth rinse" it works.  Be proactive and stay on top of your side effects. Be positive, your mental attitude will take you far and really helps in your recovery .Do NOT believe what you read on the internet. Pray and trust in God as he is carrying you too. Know cancer is NOT a death sentence by any means and your prognosis is good and it is treatable and curable. I'm sailing through this journey and "ROCK IN" chemo with 5 kids and you can too!


I continue to be optimist and excited about my future and life and have no fear as I'm so blessed every step of the way. God is great and so are all you angels in my life and I have met and continue to meet on my journey.
Life is full of great blessings every single day. I will attend at my children s graduations, football games, dance recitals, weddings, and hold their hands, guide them through all the milestones and celebrations in life. I will make a full recovery and take the knowledge and strength from this journey to help others. My life is a gift and a blessing I will enjoy everyday.
I will update over the weekend as I'm awaiting my doctors appointment of Friday and my chemo treatment #3 of 4 on my current drugs them 9-18 new drugs. Excited to be almost done on my first regimen.


God Bless

www.gofundme.com/I-will -beat-cancer





No comments:

Post a Comment