Tuesday, August 26, 2014

It is not the need to restore my faith as it is in place as much as I need to stand back, reflect and pray

As I'm feeling more challenged than often, I take a step back and reflect as life has many lessons for me to learn from, and know God is lighting my path way.

It is difficult to have many specialty physicians whom are all different and differ in opinions~ It becomes confusing as for me I'm the girl who wants it achieved yesterday and off my plate. I do well being armed with factual knowledge and arriving at a decision , so I can acclimate and achieve that goal. As of lately I am experiencing the "data, facts, opinions,has been  studied  and not studied faze in my next step of my mastectomy and reconstruction process.
It is difficult for me personality to have very different opinions any where from A-Z even from the top reconstruction surgeons. My oncologist and mastectomy surgeons have long been decided as God led me to them and my progress is great and my prognosis and life long outcome even greater as God has been clear to Rob and I as to that healing path of this journey.

As for the next step after chemotherapy is a very different and individual decision for any woman with breast cancer. For me personality I made the decision almost immediately that I wanted reconstruction for many personal reasons however, as easy as that decision came it is not so easy to choose from the many choices that are entailed. Some options must be done at the time of the mastectomy if like me you will receive radiation. Chemo has no lasting effects as you do heal and recover. Radiation is very important as it kills any microscopic cells unseen and helps ensure a full life of being cancer free for me. It does however come with a life time of some effects that last forever and can not be undone such as your chest muscle is frozen and will not move any longer. I did choose to have an implant put in however is a long process as a muscle spacer must be put in place at the time of my mastectomy behind my muscle before radiation and gradually  stretched. I will then under go radiation depending on my pathology report at the time of surgery I will know how many weeks will be involved. I will then wear the spacer approximately six months before they are removed and exchanged for a permanent implant.
This process is wear many doctors differ and studies conflict or lack answers. I know what outcome I am seeking just not the coarse or fine tuning of the pathway I will arrive. I meet with a reconstruction surgeon in a few weeks to seek more answers as its a "hurry up and wait" process.

I finish my old chemo regime on 9-5 as the small cracks are showing and the drugs are cumulative and can take their toll. I continue to only have small side effects that I heal quickly from.

I'm excited to begin my new chemo drugs as I'm told are lesser and lesser side effects also so I can close out the chemo process of this journey and beat cancer I never look back!
My new drug taxol can have an allergic reaction so please pray I am not allergic to it and tolerate it well.

I will pray as I do daily and know God is continuing to guide me to make the correct decisions for myself and family and is shining brightly so my path remains well lit!

I will not falter, crumble not even sway as I'm so blessed with more than ample strength and endurance to finish this marathon and be cancer free for my life time!

I not only have pure trust and faith in God I'm blessed with my amazing allies and support  in my husband, children, parents, siblings ,family,friends, neighbors and other cancer warriors I will never be defeated!

Pray for your inner strength and turn it all over to God because when you do it all becomes so very simple!

God Bless and please keep praying for me and my family as it is working and God is listening!

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment