Thursday, September 4, 2014

Everyday is a gift however yesterday was special for me~



Everyday is a gift however yesterday was a very special day. I had the privilege to return to the radiology and breast imaging facility where my journey began. Eight short weeks ago I had several mammograms, a biopsy, and ribbons placed for the surgeon. I had no knowledge of my triple negative breast cancer stage lll status or my road ahead, I just knew it was not good as the ribbons where placed in my breast. I was scared and all alone as my husband was home with the kids because we where told by a GYN doctor the day before that my tumor was a cyst and she felt it was benign and was not cancer. I walked in to have a mammogram with a very false sense of security. The angles that God has placed at this imaging center are truly amazing, as they inspire me. Not only did they realize I had breast cancer they had to inform me of it. The health care workers stayed late on a Friday in spite of there own families to get my biopsy done and sent to pathology ASAP. They are the most caring and compassionate women I am blessed to of met. They are so positive and enabled me to have hope, faith and strength to begin my journey in what feels like years ago.
I cant imagine walking in there shoes as they see woman daily sadly as cancer shows and they give strength and  hope to others like me.

I was able to have a repeat ultrasound and share in my incredible news (nothing short of a miracle) yesterday with these amazing ladies as it showed NO CANCER in my breast or lymph nodes anywhere after only three chemo treatments! I was elated and so glad to of shared the wonderful news with these special ladies as they make such a difference in not only my life but so many others.

My cancer is gone as I am victorious early in my battle. My pure inner strength, resolve, determination, God's strength, all the prayers and angels behind me helping me come out swinging has paid off. I now must finish this battle and sustain my endurance and health as I still have a recovery road ahead.
I must continue  chemo therapy as 21st century medicine is not full proof and we have no data or percentage rates "If I stopped chemo now and headed for surgery". Any microscopic cancer cells that may be in my blood or body must be killed by chemo. I will finish my last "difficult drug regime" tomorrow and start my less difficult regimen for 12 straight weeks. I have come so far I will not risk a recurrence due to a unseen cancer cells because I ended chemo to early. I will finish this phase of my recovery and seal my cancers fate.
I am stead fast in my decision to have a double mastectomy even tho I'm now a candidate for a lesser surgery (a lumpectomy). My chances of any recurrence are 30% if I chose a lumpectomy. My percentages of any cancer recurrence after my double mastectomy is less than 1& 1/2 % over my lifetime so was a very easy decision for myself and family. I'm not partial to anything on my body I can live without that could potentially kill me.

I'm only faced challenges I will continue to concur as I know the blessings are and will continue to carry me through. I will be given benadryl with my new chemo meds as it makes me very sleepy. The silver lining is the meds are easier to endure and some women even report their hair growing  back as they are on the weekly regime. The next 12 weeks will assist in my recovery to combat any microscopic cells. The mastectomy alleviates the recurrence with radiation. The reconstruction side of it begins at mastectomy however does require additional surgery and will be completed within 9-12 months, as it requires some time to complete.

I am ready to sustain, endure and finish what cancer started as I'm renewed and up for the remainder of this chapter and journey in my life. For me personality cancer has made me stronger not only in spirit, emotionally and in my faith I see very clearly what I had not before.
I continue to "hold my own" with my blood counts and my overall  health on chemo drugs.
Please continue to pray my organs, and blood counts remain good and over all health on chemo so I can enter surgery (end of December) healthy and finish chemo.

I was able to attend www.1in9.com  breast cancer charity last night and meet the remarkable founder Stephanie who herself and team do Gods work and help so many with breast cancer! What a inspiration and blessing to see the gifts and talents and extraordinary ability to help so many in need!
We had an old friend whom its been far to long (five years) since we have seen her come out and share laughs with us, I enjoyed catching up with last night as well.


We all know how pray works, so please continue as I'm a reminded of Gods will and grace everyday!


www.gofundme.com/I-will-beat-cancer




No comments:

Post a Comment