Saturday, October 4, 2014

There is no such thing as a coincidence as its merely God choosing to remain anonymous


There is no such thing as a coincidence as its merely God choosing to remain anonymous.

My journey with TNBC has been full of twists and turns no easy answers and certainly no easy choices to be made. I have been pushed to points I never dreamed I could sustain. I have had circumstances reek havoc on my resolve, physical well being and my emotional state as well.
I have been challenged in my faith , and know what its like to experience pure fear.

I have also remained steadfast in faith, sustained over all good health, gained tremendous knowledge, became stronger, heard Gods message, gained many friends, strengthen my family,  my children and even had a few guardian angels help me along the way. And my journey has only closed its first phase as I move on the the next road to recovery.

The initial four rounds of AC chemo (adriamycin has damaged my heart mildly and I am taking low doses of two heart medications to help assist in obtaining its normal function as time will tell.
I started to experience tachycardia and arrhythmia (rapid heart rate & skipping beats)  along with severe shortness of breath. I had an EKG and heart ultrasound preformed and compared to my prior heart tests before chemo began mid July that lead to my findings of my lower function. The shortness of breath is listed as a side effect of taxol the chemo medication I recently received.
I'm happy to report my SOB is getting much better as are my heart symptoms of fast rate and skipping beats.

My oncologist recommend enduring chemo that is causing my SOB and irritating my heart as I was told the taxol doesn't effect your heart the previous chemo damage is done, and I could be given medications to mask side effects and they are cumulative. You need to understand I had a complete clinical response after two chemo treatments and sat for three additional treatments. When I started taxol and was given eight weeks it was due to protocol as its the general standard for all woman with breast cancer and medicine has not studied the outcome If I stopped chemo at that point.

Every woman is different and the variables with this disease are widely great and very unique to each individual.

TNBC has a three year re occurrence rate that varies for each individual and all their factors, however after three years the odds almost diminish and are considered cured at five years.

I have weighed all facts, personal circumstances, treatments, odds, side effects, and health and made a decision to end chemo as the bad is now out weighing the good and I can no longer agree to protocol. Woman finish twelve treatments and can have a re occurrence or new cancer and some complete one or four with tumor still remaining at time of surgery and are survivors.

My individual journey and battle is unique to me however any re occurrence or new cancer rick are low and odds for me are not substantially increased by my chemo treatments ending now. ( I have taken all my antibiotics if you will and my body has had enough) and due to all factors its time for me to schedule surgery.

When I have had any doubts God has in many ways settled them and has guided me to all correct decisions and healing and will continue to do so.

My guardian angel threw a dresser over on me that lead my discovering a lump and finding my TNBC diagnosis as it was no coincidence

I knew what the correct decision was, but was helpful with any fear as another angel I had the privilege of meeting came to me after arriving last with ten minutes in the fourth quarter of my sons middle school football game and said to me.
I believe there are no coincidence's as I struggled to be at this game as we where dentin to meet. I received only one chemo treatment and headed to surgery. I am a twenty year survivor! As my point in "we are all very individual in our cancer journeys".

I have no regrets staining the chemo that effected my heart as it dissipated my cancer and tumor.

God has cured me!

My double mastectomy and radiation assists in  my long term health for no re occurrence or new cancers.

I would change no choice, decision, treatment or steps made as all have served a purpose and lead me to my current point with no cancer seen in good health and ready for the long term victory.

Many different signs, guidance and forms of communication to place or keep us on our correct paths are clear as we just need to listen~

I am hoping to have my port removed next week and I will update soon. I am headed to meet with my surgeon soon and have some questions answered so I can develop  some knowledge of my next chapter.

My blessing remain great and I ask for continued prayers for my full recovery, successful surgery and achieving a clear pathological report. Please pray for all the  less fortunate people and children.

God Bless!






No comments:

Post a Comment