Thursday, October 30, 2014

Simple smiles and few words of kindness and encouragement travel quickly, spread and are not only contagious but also very meaningful in others lives~


Life uncertainties and unforeseeable events is what makes life so fragile but also everyday a precious gift we should enjoy.

Simple smiles and few words of kindness and encouragement travel quickly, spread and are not only contagious but also very meaningful in others lives.

When I have a bad day I stop to consider my great blessings and many others not so fortunate as it changes my perspective and out look very quickly.
It is about what I can learn for my experiences, trials, lessons, blessings, and gather strength and knowledge so I can pass it to my children and share it to help others.

When I consider my major surgery a few short weeks away I have no fear as I realize with no visible cancer I'm one of the lucky ones! God has blessed me so I can have my health restored to enable me to pay it forward , grab and share life's silver linings everyday.

I have been told to consider the impact of not driving for two weeks, or not picking up my toddler four to six weeks. I have been told to consider the pathological report after surgery may find a few microscopic cells in my lymph nodes and I may have several removed. I have also been told to  consider not only losing all feeling in my chest for a life time but also the visual scars and looking completely different in a mirror.

For me the double mastectomy will be the less taxing part of my entire road to recovery in winning and defeating breast cancer.

Here is what I consider to be my reality and what I feel

The double mastectomy significantly reduces my percentage to ever have any re occurrence and greatly assist me in my achieving being cured in three to five years. As does the radiation after surgery.

I am very blessed to have such a fundamental support system with friends and family coming to stay so they can drive my children to car pools and help with our everyday lives.

I have also not only considered but know down to my core that not only has God healed me this far he will continue to do so. I believe I will wake up from surgery with a clear pathological report and be a survivor.
Many woman have many lymph nodes removed and are twenty year plus survivors, thus is why you have the surgery.

As far as losing sensation I could care less as the ultimate goal is to live a long full life and scars are such a minimal  price the trade off and the end result of good health is far greater, I am truly steadfast in my decisions in treatment.

I will heal in God speed and am ready to have my surgery and shore up the next phase in treatment to follow by radiation. The aspect of ending treatment by late January, early February and only have a few minor surgeries later next year is the goal I am aiming to achieve an excellent prognosis, as it has been my game plan all along.

I have come so remarkably far and achieved so much and with Gods blessings am entering surgery with no detectable cancer! That is what I consider to be important! I can honestly careless about looks or lack of feeling, as it is completely irrelevant in the larger scope of it all.

My life is full of love, happiness, hope, friendship, family and driven by faith!

Please keep myself and family in your prayers as my surgery is November 13th

God Bless

www.gofundme.com/I-will-beat-cancer

No comments:

Post a Comment