Thursday, October 23, 2014

It is almost surreal to consider I will be under going major surgery in a few short weeks as I feel healthy~



It is almost surreal to consider I will be under going major surgery in a few short weeks. Do not get me wrong as I am not parochial to any body part I can live with out that has potential to be life threatening.
It was an easy decision to have a double mastectomy to substantially decrease my percentage of recurrence to breast cancer.

It is difficult to wrap my mind around the next phase as I feel healthy and have complete faith I'm cancer free. Losing my breasts, acclimating to the new picture in the mirror, enduring anesthesia (I do not do well sedated) the pain and lack of using my arms, the inability to pick up my children, complete change in normalcy in our lives and routine is all short term.
I simply can not play the odds, roll the dice because I am not willing to rick or lose what is such a precious gift.

I remain strong and truly believe God will help in my healing quickly and for me to wake up cancer free from surgery. I had someone say to me "God healed you and you where cancer free after two chemo treatments so why not trust you are healed and no surgery just walk away"
I feel God has also given us wisdom and knowledge, access to 21st medicine, the ability and gifts of the surgeons and physicians to save lives that I'm on the correct path and have made proper decisions to remain healthy.

I was by far the most difficult decision I have ever arrived at to take a pure leap of faith and close the chemo therapy chapter as I am now healing and so is my heart damage from chemo. I have an occasional shortness of breath but am getting stronger daily. My reminders are no hair, however wigs are great. The strange thing is I just recently lost my eye lashes three weeks after chemo ended. It is not the vanity aspect it is the function of them to keep dust and such out so my eyes water and are sensitive. The silver lining is the "brows and lashes" grow back quickly.

Once a chapter in treatment ends the anticipation of the next phase and the not knowing is upon me I pray and my faith shines through as I will not entertain fear, negatives, and what if's. God has not only healed and cured me, he has held me, guided me and helped me arrive at all correct decisions I have made on my path to a full recovery.

I am a very energetic, organized Mother of five whom is accustomed to a very busy life and schedule.
Now that I'm headed to surgery and the realization on my recover period and limitations are close upon me, life has given me above what my full schedule is normally.
A friend said to me between my husband and I we are giving our guardian angels a run.

Here are my silver linings as there are many~

My husband was not injured when his car was totaled last week being hit at highway speed by another driver. That driver was not injured either.

I was able to attend Sunday school with Maxson last week.

I am healing daily and God is giving me the stamina and endurance to achieve and meet my family s needs before my pending surgery.

My children are healthy!

We have an abundance of family, friends and neighbors, an amazing church family, and are in excellent company.

Please consider Sunday October 26th having lunch or watching the Carolina / Sea Hawks game at Rudino's
High House Cary~ Take out a pizza if you are unable to dine in

10% of the proceeds (food not alcohol)  from 1-5 pm help assist my medical fund to pay for surgery. I will has have out of pocket and co insurance start over yet again in January as I have radiation treatments and additional surgeries~

Please pray for a successful, cancer free surgery and for God speed in my healing

God Bless

www.gofundme.com/I-will-beat-cancer




1 comment:

  1. Your ability to stay so positive is paying forward more than you will ever know. You, Rob and my grandchildren are in my thoughts and prayers always. Love you all very much.

    ReplyDelete