Wednesday, November 5, 2014

When breast cancer knocked on my door with its "A game" I truly believe not only was it ill equipped it had not done any research on its opponent.



When breast cancer knocked on my door with its "A game" I truly believe not only was it ill equipped  it had not done any research on its opponent.

I have many say to me "I cant do it" or I would of just quit and thrown in the towel.

Here is what I say, Absolutely not, as when you are faced with any adversity in life your inner strength and fight bubbles to the surface and I believe you would be surprised how strong you really are!

We all have our strengths and weakness and for some it takes a challenge to bring out their strength. Just because you may not of needed to use it does not mean its not there and doesn't exist.

I have had a fight and resolve my entire life, as I have faced death my third time now. Not only am I here for a purpose I'm determined to not take a moment for granted and to help others as God intends for us to do.

I have a full complete support system as "team Fox" is a state of the art very efficient machine as we have had years in the making to perfect. I'm profoundly proud of my husband and children! When you add family, church family, friends and God its full proof.

When people ask me why I'm choosing a double mastectomy in light of no evidence of cancer its very simple.
I have been a rule bender my entire life and always up for the gamble if I thought the odds where in my favor. This is the first time I have ever not been willing to play the odds in spite of them in my favor. I wont gamble with something I'm not willing or prepared to lose, so the decision was a very easy one to make.

I will be meeting my radiologist Friday and then the hospital for all my pre-op admittance test. Surreal as my surgery is next Thursday November 13th the day after my father and sons 16th birthday. The anticipation is not fear, its only my wanting it to be over so my healing with Godspeed can start. I am ready to enjoy the holidays and pick up my toddler again.

I am told no driving for two weeks and no picking up my kids for four weeks. My parents are coming for a long visit as I'm very blessed! They will be a great help with sustaining normalcy and add lots of hugs and love to the kids while I heal.

As for my treatment it requires stamina as it is a process, however I have already accomplished great achievements with Gods grace.

I will start radiation in January for six straight weeks at five days a week and have two additional surgery's late next year. I will be closely monitored for the next 3 years and have complete faith I will be considered cured in five years! I'm am completely steadfast in my resolve to be a survivor, live a long life and share Gods blessings!

Please pray for my pathological report to come back clear and no evidence of cancer hiding in my lymph nodes! Please know many women have twenty plus lymph nodes removed due to microscopic cells detected and are twenty plus year survivors too! This is the entire point of the surgery to look and remove any lingering cells. Please also pray for my swift recovery.

I will report and update after surgery as it takes several days for the path report to come it.

God bless

Prayers are working!!

www.gofundme.com/I-will-beat-cancer

No comments:

Post a Comment