Wednesday, December 3, 2014

I am feeling remarkably well only two weeks after my bilateral mastectomy and health is restored~


Jeremiah 29:11. 
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Once again when you want to hear God laugh "Tell him your plans"

I am feeling remarkably well only two weeks after my bilateral mastectomy. I am acclimating to my expanders and chest muscle stretching. I have no pain and no discomfort. I am healing quickly and enjoying the holidays with the kids cancer free. My health is restored, energy and stamina has returned  to full strength with only few lifting restrictions. 


After achieving a PCR (no residual cancer) my prognosis is excellent and superior as all expect me to be considered completely cured in 3 years.

Here is where I once again have arrived at a fork in the coarse in my final treatment plan. God has always supplied my answers as I know he will do so again as I am collecting facts before making a decision.

My radiologist told us we did not need the original 33 radiation treatments as originally thought due to my PCR no cancer I required no radiation. 
I then received a call from him yesterday and was told due to my original PET scan before I started chemo he changed his mind and said he wants me to receive radiation. However he wants me to speak with my oncologist and let him be my deciding factor.

Here are the facts~ I am healed and cancer free with an excellent prognosis~
I am healthy~
Radiation can cause lymphedema (swelling that is permanent)
Radiation effects last a life time~
Radiation will scar my bottom and top lungs~
Radiation causes shortness of breath and extreme fatigue~
Radiation will make my ribs fragile~
All tho rare can cause a second cancer~
It can effect the heart~
It scars and leads to reconstruction failure~

The few studies conducted on the achievement of PCR are a complete 50/50 split~ Half oncologist and radiation physicians say have it and the other half say completely unnecessary do not.

Do I benefit or does the risk out weigh the benefit?
Do I compromise my good health and healing heart?

I will sit down with my oncologist in a few weeks and weigh the percentages and have my questions answered. I have faith and no doubt God will then guide me to the correct decision. 
If I decide to have the treatment I also have faith I will have minimal to no side effects and do very well.

I sit here remarkably healthy, cancer free, enjoying my family and the holidays full of happiness and grateful for my wonderful blessed life! 

I trust all questions will be answered.  I will turn in the direction God's will takes me and all will work out perfectly!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoyed family.

God Bless! Please keep praying as we all know prays are answered~

www.gofundme.com/I-will-beat-cancer






1 comment: