Tuesday, October 13, 2015

I conquered TNBC I am a survivor from all of life's circumstances and chose to gather all strength from life's defining moments.



It never fails to surprise me when people or organizations make the wrong choices or miss the mark, as my disappointment is present. I pray sometimes for a "thicker skin" or the ability to turn off my feelings and simply say, its not my problem. That is simply not who I am, and I never seem to lack in opinions, strong emotions or compassion. Both my weakness and my strengths, I whole heartily believe is what gives me the ability and drive to help others and have my voice heard. I feel strongly in utilizing my own talents to reach out and help to the fullest ability that I am able. My husband read a quote from a book that came from a large study. It referred to "life changing or altering events". Examples where from prisoners of war, soldiers who faced tragedy, and cancer patients. The findings where very interesting, as it listed three types of behavior from survivors.Those who where permanently disrupted, either became  negative, lost hope, or frightened,worried often even after their circumstance improved.
Those who got their life back to normal, maintained faith and hope became stronger, and remained positive.
 Or those who used it as a defining moment, turned the circumstance into helping others, making a positive change and difference in not only themselves, but others as well.

I have Triple Negative Cancer survivors like myself reach out to me, and healthy people who have no association with cancer and say:
Thank you Heather for sharing your story... "Your positive mindset and attitude is contagious and enhances both yours and others lives! "  

Your approach to this topic is unique and informative. I am writing an article for our school paper and this post has helped me. Thanks.

I have read this and I must say this is the best I feel about being Tnbc .. I am living in fear every day .. I breath cancer 24/7 it never leaves my mt mind .. I have had lumpectomy grade 3 , 3 cm tumor , clear margins , no lymph node involvement . 4 more weekly taxol left , and still feel defeated by Tnbc until now ... Thank you xxxx

Good for you Heather Fox! We are lucky to have such devoted survivor to advocate for us! Thank you!

When I write I share very private emotions, physical surgeries, what I endured and how I prevailed and beat TNBC stage 3 is because I want to give hope. I want to ease fear, I want my being positive to be contagious, and I want to help others!
When I lost both of my breasts, I gained such strength, and the pure blessing of a positive perspective. 
When I am often asked if  I'm scared cancer will return, my reply is never. I do not live with what If's ever. It that was the case I would throw my car keys in a basket and quit driving. What if there was an unforeseen car crash, or life event beyond our control? That is a waist of my energy to devote any of my thoughts and time to. I do not worry about my debit due to my medical treatments and bills, God will provide. I do not worry about others actions or things beyond my control. I grab silver linings everyday. I enjoy my children and family, and I reach out to others regardless of what my circumstances may be and do my best to help.

What if we smiled everyday, reached out to help others, lived our life to the best of our abilities, gifts, and talents?
What if we prayed to the only one who has control (God) and had faith?

I am a survivor from all of life's circumstances and I chose to gather all strength from life's defining moments.

I conquered TNBC stage 3 and you too can prevail!





No comments:

Post a Comment